copied from the Lung Association November 5, 2014
NOVEMBER IS LUNG MONTH
Lung Month is The Lung Association’s opportunity to come together and inspire an unstoppable force of Canadians to be passionate about breathing! Please see our media release here.
Lung Month will introduce our bold, new Breathing as One Campaign and highlight the urgent need to support funds for lung health research.The campaign will allow us to move beyond traditional lung research, reduce risk and discover breathing breakthroughs that will save lives. To learn more, visit www.breathingasone.ca.
Flag raising ceremonies, Lung Health Caucus engagement and a number of high-profile events in the provincial legislature will drive government relations this November.
· Lung Month statement by Health Minister Eric Hoskins and MPPs
· Proclamations and recognition from Health Canada
· Plan- stakeholder consultation workshop and interactive Lobby Day reception on November 25
Awareness and Education
Our eight-page Breathing as One newspaper insert hit key markets on November 4 - marking the beginning of Lung Month. Many other education and awareness initiatives will follow;
· Hospital and community clinics will offer free spirometry testing on World COPD day on November 19
· New radon PSA, featuring Mike Holmes
· TB conference, Rising to the Challenges on November 18/19
· Lung Health Information Line promotion though ad campaign
· Your Healthy Home tent appearances
· Breathing as One featured in a Globe & Mail celebrating National Philanthropy Day on November 14
· Cafe Scientifique - a nationally streamed education event on November 27
· Follow us on social media and like, share, retweet and comment on posts throughout our social media channels. Don’t forget to tag #LungMonth and #BreathingAsOne.
· Visit www.breathingasone.ca and learn how to help us create breathing breakthroughs!
Wishing you all a happy and healthy lung month!